1. Mobile First Optimization
Optimize websites for mobile first instead of desktop first. Is your site visitor friendly on mobile? Google is moving towards search ranking according to mobile site test scores.
2. Optimize Landing Screens With Search Boxes or Call to Action Buttons
Optimize landing screens for mobile and desktop. Put Call to Action clickable links high on the landing screen. This helps promote engagement and conversion.
3. Streamlined, Uncluttered Website Design
Keep websites looking clean, uncluttered, simple, streamlined.
4. Show Proof, Build Credibility and Trust
Show proof of facts and details. Provide background proof of experience and skill. Increase trustworthiness and credibility.
5. Local Businesses Optimize for Search Engines
Local businesses can use Google My Business and other local SEO to show in search results.
6. Prepare for Multi-faceted Marketing
Prepare the website to use a multi-faceted approach. This includes multi-channel marketing, social media marketing, pay per click, blogging, photography and videography.
7. Use Easy to Read, High Contrast, Large 16 Point Text
Text needs to be large enough and high contrast so it is easy to read. Avoid the trends that use small, lighter grey toned text.
8. High-Quality Photos and Videos for Impact
Use good quality photos and videography on the site. Visual impact can make your site memorable.
9. Keep Website Elements and Content Clear and Relevant
Avoid confusing site visitors. Use a domain, titles, subtitles and content that are relevant. The site content needs be related and to fit together well.
10. Provide Useful, Informative, Fact-Based Content Instead of Hype
Use trustworthy, authentic, fact-based, quality content. Avoid hype, exaggerated claims and promises that cannot be proven. Use details. Provide value for site visitors.