How to Market Successfully in 2018
Focus on Unique Marketing Benefits, Niche Specialization, Building Relationships and Earning Trust
- Identify the unique marketing benefits of your services or products. Give this dominant visibility in your marketing. Why should someone buy your product or service? How is it better than what is offered by competitors? How is it special?
- Specialize in a niche and dominate your niche if possible. Competing in a broad, general category is difficult. People who are already in the sales funnel have identified the specific details e about what they want. The broad general searches for items have a higher percent of people who are browsing to pass the time. They may be still deciding what they want.
- Build relationships with influencers who can recommend the services or products. They can provide reviews and refer customers.
- Build trust and credibility. Be able to provide objective, concrete proof of claims you make about the services or products. Avoid exaggerated hype and pushy sales pitches.
- Use a multi-faceted marketing approach to get the most visibility for the business. This can include SEO (search engine optimization), channel marketing, social media marketing, blogging, email marketing, pay per click if desired, photography and videography.
- Provide useful information and helpful features for online visitors, instead of simply pitching them your sales talk. Engagement, interaction and conversions from leads into customers are driven when the customers find something they value as useful or helpful.
- Be customer-centric. Track and evaluate customers’ needs and wants. Provide what customers want and personalize it as much as possible. Customize it for the individual’s wishes.
- Avoid pushy hype, exaggerated promises and aggressive sales pitches. People online today are sophisticated tech users and studies show they are tired of seeing so many ads.
- Stay focused on quality and integrity. Both search engines and people are trying hard these days to judge whether an online presence is trustworthy. Avoid hype and low quality. Create an online presence that is focused on integrity.
- Identify the types of customers who find your services or products meet their needs and wants. Build a brand and lifestyle around this.